Hello Ireland | Clonmacnoise

On our way to Galway we stopped by Clonmacnoise. We only stayed for 30 minutes so we couldn't really enjoy the area as much as we should have.
We saw a bunch of cows. Some friends and I took a bunch of selfies with the cows. Someone tried to pet the cow, but it just wasn't having it, hence the cow standing in the distance in disdain. The graveyard was really beautiful. There was a ruin of a church and I even found a bowl with euros in it. It was right beside a river; it was a very nice resting place.
However I had trouble with it. I felt because it was a graveyard that it should have a bit more boundaries, especially for the older graves. The way there were so many people littering the area was shameful. That's my two cents.


I'm really glad we received heritage cards. Heritage cards are cards that allow you to visit "heritage sites" for free! It was part of our program package. I'm going to make good use of it this weekend when my friends and I museum hop. We're going to the Book of Kells, Dublin Castle, the churches, and other small museums we can fit in a day!

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment