Swimming in the Irish Sea

Last week some friends and I went swimming in the Irish sea. Everyone said we were crazy because oh no it was raining, but we surprisingly had lovely weather so jokes on them. Anyway, Shelby and I have decided that we will swim rain or shine because you're not always going to get the weather you want.
I couldn't take video because I was too busy jumping off the pier as shown by the photographs below. It was freezing! However, thank goodness my body numbed up a bit and the farther we went into the bay, the warmer it was. It also helped to just jump in! The cold does take a toll on the body because all I wanted to do when I got out was to collapse, I mean lay down.


We're going swimming right after classes today at a place right by the one above! It's called the Forty Foot and it looked like a glorious swimming area!

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment