Hello Ireland | Dublin Tour

Dublin, Dublin, Dublin.
We took a lovely tour of the city involving walking mostly in circles. However, we got to see places we could potentially visit. I'm getting a heritage card next week; this allows me to visit any place deemed a part of Irish heritage for free! I'm pretty excited for it because I love visiting museums and sites.
We started our tour in Trinity College, made our way several streets, saw the castle, the churches, Temple Bar, and then of course the biggest street. I actually didn't hear a lot what was being said because I was too busy taking video and enjoying everything and looking about. Plus it was way too noisy and it was impossible to hear a lot.

We went to an art cinema that was showing Frank. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this film. It was about a man wearing a fake head who is the "lead singer" of an experimental band. It is told via the eyes of an outsider. Overall it was a really cool film and had a very interesting and compelling way of looking at mental illness.
Here is the trailer:
A few of us went to the shopping area to do some shopping (especially at Penney's). I bought a cobalt blue shirt, a red and white striped dress (with pockets!), and shorts with pineapples on them. We went home for dinner and I always passed out in the bus.
Later around 9, I decided to go for a short walk. It ended up being an hour walk and instead of my original plan of taking a specific route, I got ahold of myself and wandered around to the beach. I decided it would be really nice to start taking walks on a regular basis if I'm not doing anything late at night around 9.

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment