Cork and the Blarney Stone

Friday I went to Cork and the Blarney Stone.
We took one of those just a bit too expensive tour buses that was really nice anyway. It was leaving at 6:50 in the morning. Disaster was spelt when I woke up at 5:30, the time I was suppose to meet my friends to catch a Taxi in which the meeting point was 30 minutes away. I ran, didn't make it, and took my own taxi. The taxi driver got me there in 8 minutes.
The first stop was Rock of Cashel. It was really beautiful. The roofs were long gone but the grandeur of the height of the building was still there.
The second stop was Blarney Castle. Yes, I kissed the damn blarney stone, because it took a bloody 45 minutes to get to the top. So why not. I felt my immune system crying to me after. Despite that, it was a beautiful site. The Blarney Castle is surrounded by gardens, a lake, and some other cultural things like a Fairie camp. After kissing the stone, we went through the poisonous garden. There was a mandrake.
The last stop was Cork! It was a dreadful day because it was cloudy and humid. Not very nice. We hadn't really planned anything out so we roamed around. We went to a TopShop/TopMan, a sex shop, and ended with soft ice-cream on a cone. All in the 1 hour and 30 minutes we were there. It was really interesting to be there since a lot of the turmoil during the war for independence.
More pictures after the cut!


I've taken so long to write this because when I went I conveniently forgot my camera so uploading photos from my phone has been put off until now.

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment