Hello Ireland | Howth

Howth. It is a coastal fishing town about an hour away via DART from Dun Laoghaire. It is pretty and quaint. I went there with a couple of friends. We had some lunch, or more like I came late and freeloaded. Then we walked the pier, which was freakishly cold, but lovely. To the right was the sea and to the left was the port; the sea is so vast and dark blue. We walked all the way to the end and encountered an accordionist along the way. He played "La Vie en Rose" and it got stuck in everyone's heads. On the way back Shelby and I danced to the music making the accordionist smile.
It started sprinkling at some point so obviously it was the perfect time to get ice cream! We went to a shop called Maude and I got a chocolate ice cream cone. It was nice, but I still prefer Teddy's soft vanilla ice cream. We then went looking for the local castle. Along the way, we found the farmer's market. It was small with a lot of food stalls. I ended up buying some of this nice tea called Cloud Nine.
The group split up because one found a church where someone's house parents got married at and the other went to the castle. The church was really pretty with roses on each side of the doorway. My group went to find the other group at the castle. To be honest it wasn't much of a castle. Apparently it is a culinary school now.
We took more pictures and headed back to the DART station. Shelby and I decided to stay a bit longer just to enjoy one of the many walks Howth offers. We had bad luck because a third of our way into the walk it started pouring and hailing. Thankfully Shelby had an umbrella or we would have soaked. Note to self: bring at least an umbrella everywhere.
Later that night I met some friends at a pub in Blackrock. It was called The Wicked Wolf. I played pool and apparently won. Then the whole lot decided to go into town for some clubbing. It was awful. It was only awful because I'm not the kind of person to go into a club at all anyway. Plus the music was bad. Some few of us (actually five of us) found a wall to stand by.
Later I left with four other people. The others wanted to go onto this other club called "Crystal", but since I already had a headache and the smell of cigarette smoke was killing me, it was time. It was really nice because the five of us went into Sparo (a convenience store of some sorts) and bought sandwiches. We talked super loudly in the bus and went home.

And I leave you with my happy feet:

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment