Hello Ireland | Hurling Championship

Today I went to probably my 4th sporting event ever in my life. It was Ireland's own sport, hurling. We watched Dublin vs Kilkenny in the hurling regional championship! We met up around 2 and walked over as a big group. It was so much fun to see how many people had team jerseys and accessories. There were a lot of people on the side of the road selling headbands, scarves, hats, flags, and more on the side of the road towards the stadium.


For those who do not know what hurling is, I shall link you to the wikipedia page. Coming from the United States, hurling is a mix of American football, soccer, and water polo. The players were so unbelievably fast! I was super impressed with their speed and their thighs too. It was really rough and intense; I felt I was watching 30 dogs run after the same white ball, but with sticks.
We were sitting relatively close to the field. This came with a downside because of the weather. It started pouring right as we settled in our seats for the junior match. Thankfully I had my umbrella so I covered my legs and avoid major dampness. Plus the weather brightened up for the rest of the game after that!
Hurling is probably the only sport I would actually be willing to see live.

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment