Saturday Market Flowers

Since I returned to Eugene, I've been going to the Saturday Market. I originally went out at first to look for squash since I found a recipe to make squash soup.
Every time Todd and I go to the market, I try to buy a bouquet or a bunch of flowers. I have a favorite stall that sells lovely bouquets that include dahlias. Dahlias are my favorite flowers.
However, this time I decided to go with sunflowers. Mostly because they're happy flowers and are a bit better at being cheery than a bouquet of mixed flowers. They also give the room a pop of yellow since everything is either bright velvet green, dark wooden brown, or bronze.

I've also been eating a lot more veggies. I should thank going to France for my salade habits now.
I like to make my own vinaigrette (in this order) when I make my salade:
  • salt
  • pepper
  • mustard
  • one tsp of vinegar
  • two tsp of olive oil
I discovered that changing the vinegar is what makes it a lot more edible. So I changed from regular vinegar to balsamic vinegar.

Cheers,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment